How to use the maps
The maps are provided for managers of public health programmes to support them in the planning and implementation of deworming. The maps can be used to:
- define the numbers at risk of infection with each STH and schistosome species;
- determine areas requiring mass treatment and provide estimates of target populations;
- forecast drug needs and costs for albendazole and mebendazole (for STH), praziquantel (for schistosomiasis) and albendazole and ivermectin/DEC (for LF);
- assess the roll-out and progress of LF elimination programmes;
- facilitate efficient allocation of scarce control resources
The maps will also be of interest to international policy-makers, for example to support advocacy.